Sunday, May 9, 2010

happy mother's day to the amazing women in my life! =]





so, i would love to wish a super happy mother’s day to my grandmas, and of course, to my mother. i am so blessed to have these women in my life... i don’t always tell them how much i appreciate their love, guidance, and support, but really, without these women, i truly wouldn’t be who i am today. their examples have set so much structure to my life!




especially my mom. she is my absolute, without question, my best friend in the world. i know everyone says that they have the best mother in the world, but i’m sure that mine would take the cake! my mom has been through so much physical pain, and it breaks my heart. she never gives up... she moves on with her life no matter how she feels. i just want you to know, mom, that role in life was given to you because He knew you could handle it, and could influence others around you. but i know that people given roles like that get a vip pass into heaven. unfortunately, the rest of us have to work a little bit harder. anyways, my mom! she sends me encouraging text messages and cards with surprises, and buys me big bags of mangos, and will talk to me about anything and everything. i’m so grateful for everything she does for me, and all the sacrifices she’s made... i love you mom!


my grandma carol is probably the kindest person i know. everyone who meets her INSTANTLY loves her. she really is the cutest grandma i’ve ever seen. she loves to laugh, and to help people out in any way that she can. i love that she is so genuinely caring, and wants everyone to have peace in their lives. i love that she continually strives to be a better person. i miss her stories, laughter, and smell, and can’t wait to do genealogy with her in august!


my grandma purcell... if you haven’t meet her, you should. she makes me laugh with her OCD ways but she knows what she wants! i wish i could be more like her in that sense. i’ve always been admirative of her determination. when she wants something done, she’ll find a way. i loved living with her the last couple months... we had a great time eating at sizzler and watching old movies. she has a heart of gold, and truly loves helping others in any way that she can.


so thanks so much to these amazing women, and for everything that they’ve done for me!


not much has happened since my last post. i got an “a” on my presentation of “pertussis” in my micro class. i went to a comedy-improv night, featuring kirby heyborne and “the society.” it was super funny! but i finally went horseback riding for the first time in a year! it was SUPER fun! i totally wish i could ride more. i would love to have a horse of my own, someday. the beginning was kind of scary though, not gonna lie. my horse, fleet, reeeeeally wanted to run. real bad. every chance he got, he would gallop and try to cut in front of the other horses. it was embarrassing, because it looked like i wasn’t controlling my horse, and i little scary, because i haven’t had much experience with galloping. but he calmed down after a while, and i loved the trail ride! my bum hurt for an hour after that, but other than that, it was an amazing experience, and wish i could go again! i miss volunteering at the equestrian therapy place... i wish they had that, here. i’m spending the weekend in IF, with my grandma, and can’t wait to see my cousins and hang out with them. good luck to sam and christina, who are teaching tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. What a very cool post! I just barely found out about your blog. So cute!!! Glad you are having a great year so far. Keep plugging away at micro. Its a hard but very interesting class!
    Good luck!
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete