Sunday, May 8, 2011

spring has sprung!



Hello, blog. Well, I’m back in school! I really love my classes, and I love what I’m learning. I’m taking psychology, child development, capstone (a required critical thinking class), doctrine and covenants, educational technology (don’t ask), and biostatistics. I had to drop my Spanish literature class, which made me super sad, but I’ll take it next semester. All of my teachers are amazing, and I’ve missed BYUI. My house is awesome, my roommates are awesome, my friends are awesome… everything is awesome. I miss taking biologyclasses, though… I can’t wait to start the Nursing Program. We had an Easter feast/egg hunt and a Cinco de Mayo fiesta. I can’t wait for all the fun stuff coming

up and to make more friends! =]






I’m the manager of the Humanitarian Service Organization this semester, and we’ve started planning some events. That’s been an awesome experience, and I can’t wait to get going instead of just planning. We had a retreat, and I got to meet some amazing people! I learn so much from them and their HUMONGOUS hearts and by their desires to serve.

I went to a Mindy Gledhill concert this weekend with Liz and one of her roommates, and it was SOOOOO good! I loved hearing all about the history behind her songs. I wish I had talent like hers. If you haven’t listened to her music yet, DO! RIGHT

NOW!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AWRHBHDVlQ


This weekend, I got to see some of my cousins (congratulations on graduating, Kimberlee!), and spend the day watching Audrey Hepburn movies with my Grandma. Happy Mother’s Day to my beautiful mother, my

kind and loving grandmothers, and to all the amazing women that have influenced me! seriously, i don't know how i got so lucky to have so many amazingly influential, selfless, and unconditionally

loving women surround me. i pray with gratitude every day for them.


















lately, i feel like this johnny cash song epitomizes how i feel regarding my relationship with Christ and how grateful I am for all of the wonderful things that I’ve been blessed with, and for how much I’ve been growing, lately. nothing has gone according to my plan, but i'm putting myself totally in His hands, and will go wherever He wants me to. This has been a hard lesson to learn, and definitely requires faith, but I'm trying to enjoy the journey and not get impatient!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UGEaWfiDGA

I know that there’s already a couple of links on this post, but my friend garrett just put is album up on i-tunes. He’s AMAZING, and you should listen to him. =]

http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/acoustic-serenade/id435979229

That's all for now... Peace out, boy scout!

No comments:

Post a Comment