Thursday, August 11, 2011

summeR time!!!!! =]




So… I’m home in Socal! I’m not going to lie… adjusting was really hard. I haven’t been home in 9 months, and everything has changed. But after the first week, I realized
that I didn’t have to pack my bags and go back to Rexburg just as quickly as I thought I would. It’s crazy that all the neighbor kids and church kids are so huge now! Kids grow up so fast! It’s nice to have some time to just watch old movies and wedding shows with my mom, but we’ve done a few fun things, too. I’ll highlight the highlights just to give an idea:

1.) L.A. trip with Darbie: We went to Venice Beach, the Tim Burton exhibit in the LACMA (which was fantastic!), the world renown “Pink’s Hotdog’s,” took pictures by “High Voltage Tattoo” (from one of my new favorite shows, “LA Ink),” got the best boba in the WORLD with my friend tyler, the store “ahhhhs,” and went to the Santa Monica Pier, which was super fun! Ty got me to go on the Farris wheel, and I went even though I was petrified! We watched some Mexicans fish for a while, and one caught a sting ray! It was

such a beautiful day.

2.) San Diego: This trip was AWESOME! Everyone got a long and had a lot of fun. We w

ent to the SD temple, the Mormon Battalion in Old Town SD, and my

dad yelped a burger place called “Hodad’s.” it was probably one of the best burgers I’ve ever had in my life. We walked around Ocean Beach’s waterfront, and there was a candy store that sold Bacon soda and chocolate-dipped bacon. Sick, right? We also got to walk around the USS Midway, which is a HUUGE aircraft carrier. It was bigger than the Titanic! It was super cool to see.The next day, we went to one of my favorite places in the WORLD… Sea World! It was AWESOMEEE! My only regret was not

being ableto pet a dolphin due to the rude tourists who kept cutting in line. We did get to feed sea lions. I forgot how cool those things are. i really really want to pet one. Anyways, the whole thing was awesome. My favorite part was definitely the Shamu show, and there were two babies! It was so cute! The next day, we went to Coronoado Island, which was the main filming location of my favorite movie of ALL TIME, “Some Like it Hot.” I think it’s the most excited I’ve ever been about a building in my entire life.

It was beautiful. We went kite-flying at Seaport Village and the

next day we went to a couple museums and an outdoor Organ concert at Balboa Park. It was the best vacation ever.

3.) Huntingon Beach with Sabrina- The day was perfect. I’ve missed diving into waves for hours and hours. I have a horrible sunburn on my back, but it’s super tan! Too bad no one ever sees my back.

4.) Just a lot of little things…. Midnight cosmic bowling, musicals and plays, the OC fair with my friend flying in from norcal, sea doo-ing, etc.

It’s being an awesome break. California truly is a different world, and I’m glad to be spending some time here with friends and family. =]

1 comment:

  1. I love my Jessica Vos. Can't wait to be roommies. Hope you don't get sick of me ;)

    ReplyDelete