Monday, June 14, 2010

sLc weekend!









The last two weeks have flown by. I went to tyler’s baseball game with sam and we practiced our sunflower seed-spitting skills. Me, ash, and Christina had a water fight with freddy and cade, which turned nasty when some random little kids got a hold of our balloon stash. We celebrated katie’s birthday in IF and went to texas roadhouse, and her adorable/extremely cute and generous mother paid for us. Then, Katie and I went to go see shrek 4, and I LOVED it! Then, we celebrated freddy’s birthday by playing lord of the rings monopoly.

this weekend. Oh boy. Well, Friday was fun. I went swimming for the first time in a long time. I need to go more often. And then, it was freddy’s birthday, so we had a mini-party for him. Christina made a rainbow chip cake for everyone, and Cade came over. We played Lord of the Rings Monopoly with the boys and Cali, and Cali and I totally won. It was really fun. We went to bed kind of lateish and then we got up in the morning to leave. My mom and dad were super mad when they found out that I was taking my junkie car to SLC, they were pretttttty upset. But I was like… no, it’ll be fine… it’s been working fine since we got here, etc. sure enough… we get to Pocatello, and my car completely overheats. It started steaming, and the heat level or whatever was completely on the red. So we pulled into a gas station, bought coolant, waited half an hour, and then went. Determined to continue to see imogen, we persuded our journey. It lasted about an hour, and then it started overheating again. So every hour or so, we had to pull over, add more coolant, and then wait half an hour. And then, we had to go like… 50 MPH. we made it to Ogden before we decided we were going to starve to death. We ate at a place called, “Bangcock Gardens.” It was some random whole in the wall in Ogden, but it was actually pretty delicious, even if we were in our pajamas and were the only ones in there. We barely made it to SLC. It look seven hours or so! It really was kind of miserable. But, we finally got there. We went to Jiffy Lube and they looked at what was wrong. So… turns out, we were only putting coolant in the overflow coolant bottle, not the real coolant place. Or whatever. So they put some in for us, and then my car was totally completely fine. Which was SUCH good news, because I was scared that it would be completely broken and would cost a million dollars to fix, and then my parents would be like… “told you so, told you so, told you so.” So, anyways, my car was fixed and it worked fine all the way home. But I don’t know that I’d risk driving to SLC again. So, we changed our clothes in a Deseret Book, and then we went to Temple Square. It was such a bummer though, because we only had like… 45 minutes to walk around and to see everything. Temple Square changed a lot since I’ve last seen it. There are a ton of skyscrapers around it, so it was kind of hard to find. We wanted to do baptisms, but we couldn’t do anything because we had absolutely no time. So we ran past all the statues and took pictures and ran through the Joseph Smith Memorial Building and the Visitor’s Center. It was really nice to be there. The SLC building is so beautiful! I just wish we could’ve gone in, and that we could have had more time. So THEN, we met up with Katie and her friends and Steffani Hammond, mine and Katie’s friend from anat/phys 264 in fall semester. She moved to provo to go to UVU, so we never get to see each other. It was fun to reunite! =] it was kind of chaotic because brionna left her car in a parking garage, and they got lost trying to find it in order to meet with the rest of the group. The concert started at 7, and it was about 630, so ashlee and I told the group to go on ahead. We decided that it was getting too late, so we needed to go find seats. That made them really mad, but we needed to go. So we tried to find the address by ourselves, because the GPS wouldn’t find it. We kept getting lost, so it was super stressful trying to find it. We finally did; the venue was a super tiny little place in the middle of a random part of SLC. We got there exactly at 7, and there was a hugggge line. We stood in line, and the whole huge group met up. There weren’t any seats; it was a standing concert. Ash, chris, and her cousins wanted to stand in the back, and I was like… "i don't think so," so I went up with Katie and steffani and stood in the front. We had BOMB standing positions… we could see super well. With the exception of the world’s tallest man standing in front of me for five or six songs. There were three opening acts. The first one was a local from Provo who beat boxed, and was pretty cool. The second act was a man with a guitar, and he was pretty cool, but nothing super interesting. The third act was the violin players from her band, and they called themselves, “Geese.” So… they started tuning, and they were doing it for like… tenish minutes. Then, I realized that there were performing a song. Their whole act was terrible. It had no melody, no consonance, no musicality whatsoever, and I know a fair share about music. Ridiculously horrible. Anyways, Imogen FINALLY came out, and she of course, made a stunning presence. Her hair was huge, her outfit was crazy, and she was stunning. We were sooo close to her! Her whole concert was AMAZING!!! Her voice in person is just as amazing as it is on her CD. And it was awesome to see her perform all the songs that I love, in person. She uses all these cool gadgets and unique instruments. Another thing that I really liked was how she incorporated the local atmosphere into her show. She had online auditions before the concert, and picked a local to open for her, and to perform with her in the show. And then, she picked a local charity, and she made up a song on the spot, and every time that song was sold, a dollar goes to that charity. So it was awesome. And she had a lot of audience participation, and the whole thing was just AWESOME! She’s truly an amazingly talented performer. So… my roomies all left the concert early. So we had to say our goodbyes, and then we met up and drove to Provo to spend the night at Brionna’s. We woke up and left. We got home just fine, but this weekend was just soooo super rushed. We took so long to get there, and then we didn’t even stay for very long. So the weekend was alright, but it was an awesome concert. I’d like to go back to Utah just to hang out. Ingrid Michaelson is coming soon, and I would absolutely LOVE to go. I hope my mom would want to take me and come with me. As soon as we got home, we showered and got ready, and then we went got invited to go to a boys’ apartment that davi met from texting a guy’s number on our white board. It was super fun actually. They made roast and potatoes and stuff for us, and were really super friendly, so we’ll see if anything comes of that. Then we just hung out at our fhe brothers’ apt. they’re such fun, awesome, good guys. I’ve noticed that all the fhe groups are really close. We’re not necessarily close with everyone in the ward, but the fhe bro/sisters are always together, and that’s kind of cool. So long story short, it was an amazing weekend, but it just took so long to get there, and once we got there, everything was so rushed. I just wish we could’ve stayed longer. Anyways…. I’m blonde again, which I’m sure my family isn’t too happy about. midterms went really well, and I’m happy with how I’m doing in my classes, so that’s good news. And I hear we find out about nursing in two weeks, so pray for me! =]

4 comments:

  1. Whew! What a weekend. Sounds crazy but fun! Glad you are having a great time at BYU I!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, P.S... You look really pretty in the 4th and 5th pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks, jodi! i'm surprised anyone actually reads this, hahah! =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even I read your blog. Have to see what my niece is up to when she's not at Grandma's. Sounds like you are having fun!

    ReplyDelete