Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy birthday, America! I love you!








Darbie came and visited me last last weekend, which was way fun. We went to the ice caves, which were way way fun, but more intense than we thought it would be. We had to crawl on the floor of ice on our stomachs and elbows, crabwalk between the wall of the cave and a layer of ice, and slide on our backs, propelling ourselves with our legs against the cave wall above us. We all came away with some bruises, but it was such a good experience! We went and watched a basketball game, went to the eclipse premire, and got pizza and watched movies and played games. It was a fun weekend.

During the week, it’s been a little difficult to function because I’ve been so sick with Heaven knows what, but for the first time in two weeks I’m feeling better. I would just come home from school, do homework, and go to bed. I had to get a shot in the bum, which hasn’t happened in about fifteen years and it still hurts after five days. But anyways… Friday I went to Idaho falls to stay with my Grandma, Mom, and Sister, and my dad surprised me by showing up! He told me that he wouldn’t be able to come up for the 4th of July because of work, but he came! And I’m so glad that he did! Not only that, but…. He surprised me with a new car!!!!! A beautiful ’02 ford focus. I was literally speechless. What do you say to a gift like that except, “I’m not worthy! I don’t deserve it!” Which is so true! I feel soooo spoiled, but so grateful! This car includes cup holders, windows that will roll up, AND air conditioning! It’s so so beautiful, but I’m kind of scared to drive it because I don’t want anything to ever happen to it! It’s great because I’ll be able to drive it home to California if I ever needed to for Christmas or something. The other one definitely wouldn’t be able to make it. Anyways, that was such an amazing day. On Saturday, we hosted a BBQ. My roomies and some family came, and it was super fun! We had good food, played games, visited, and lounged out on the grass. Later that night, we went to the fireworks show in Idaho Falls by the river and the Temple. It really was a beautiful background. We visited and walked around the vendors, and watched the fireworks, which were beautiful. But by the time they started, I wasn’t feeling too well, and just wanted to go to bed. The next day I slept until like… 2:30. But the good news is that now I’m feeling a lot lot better! It’s been such a nice weekend celebrating our amazing country with friends, and family! I’m so so grateful for all the blessings that I have. School gets out in 2 1/2 weeks! I can’t wait to come back home to cali! =]

No comments:

Post a Comment