Sunday, October 17, 2010

fall semester... it's going...

so... i’ve decided that fall is definitely my favorite season... it’s the start of the school, the best holidays, the best foods, and the best clothes (jackets and boots)! Nothing extraordinary has been happening lately, but i decided it was about time my blog was updated. school is awesome. while i love all my classes, it’s more and more tempting to be lazy, and harder and harder to be dedicated to school. my pathophys class is kicking my butt... i don’t think i knew what i was in for when i signed up for it... strangely enough, it’s my favorite class. just when i think the human body can’t be any more amazing... it is. my favorite thing in the WORLD is when i’m watching one of my favorite medical shows, and i know what they’re talking about. for example, i was watching house last night, and the patient had pericardial diffusion due to hyperthyroidism. totally just learned about that =]. anyways, enough about that. there’s been a majorish development regarding the nursing program... while i’m 99% sure that i won’t be getting in at byu-i (we find out in november), i got accepted to the program at csi (college of southern idaho). so it’s really nice to know that i have a back up plan. however, my start date isn’t until feb of 2012! i was planning on being done with my bachelor degree by then. although it’s a long time, i will be able to finish all of my non-nursing classes (ex: psych, communications, etc) so that by the time i actually get in, i’ll be done with all my bachelor classes except for the actual nursing classes, so i’ll really be able to focus on them. so that will be nice. it’s also nice that i don’t feel the pressure to get straight A’s anymore, knowing that i’m in. it’s nice that i get to stay at byu-i, because i love love love it. and i can take classes like spanish, so it’s a good thing, i think. bittersweet. life is great... i’ve been meeting a lot of amazing, strong, uplifting people, and we’ve been doing a lot of super fun things. i haven’t laughed this much in my life. i’m so lucky to have the friends that i do. winter is going to be SO sad. literally all of my friends are leaving. maybe it’ll be a good opportunity to make new friends. anyways, we’ve been doing things like dinner parties, fishing, going out... it’s been really nice. i prove to be quite the natural fisherwoman, except for the fact that i can’t touch the worms and bait my own hook. BUT, i’m good at catching them! i wish i ate fish. anyways, that’s pretty much all for now. i’m so so lucky for all the things that i’m learning, and for the environment and people that i have surrounding me. i also said that i would update my goals on my blog to help me keep my them... i’m proud to say that i’m faithfully keeping up with them. i’m going to the temple every week, exercising regularly, slowly but surely am plowing through lindbergh’s biography, and i’m faithfully practicing dance, spanish, and flute. i actually performed just yesterday, and it was SUPER fun! i could do better with the whole “no negativity” goal. although i don’t consider myself to be a negative person, i find myself complaining every once in a while, but i’m doing better at catching myself. i think it’s something that i’m going to struggle with for a while. the end... hope everyone is doing so well! =]

fishing! haha, sorry for their weird faces!
dinner party. these guys are the best!

new hair! i've missed being blonde...

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting into CSI! Its a great school with a great nursing program (not that Blaine & I aren't biased or anything! Haha!) Anyway, don't be bummed about the start date...you will so, so, so appreciate not having to take any other hard classes while you are in the program. Makes your life MUCH easier!!! (Trust me, I know!)
    -Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica! You're amazing you should be proud of all you have accomplished! Keep working hard. You look gorgeous with your new hair. Thanks for being such a good friend.

    ReplyDelete