Tuesday, April 5, 2011

laura's visit!

Wow! I haven’t updated this in forever! Not that there’s been much to update. So… this was by far the best and the fastest week of my life. My best friend in the whole world, Laura Jean Brantley, flew in from California to visit me. I won’t get to see her for another eight months because she’s going to the Middle East. Isn’t she cool?! We had an action packed week, and I already miss her!

Day 1: Idaho Falls- We went to the IF temple, the water falls, Café Rio, the BEST used book store in the world, the cheap theater, and to Melanie’s house (my cousin) for a birthday dinner, followed by watching “Gigi.” I loved that she got to meet my family, even if Grandma woke us up every morning by poking us in the butt with her cane.

Day 2: Rexburg- We toured the campus, visited all my Rexburg friends, sat in on a Pathophys lecture by my favorite professor, went to Sammy’s, and I found housing! I’m going to live in a cute blue house across from the park, along with 7 other girls. I never wanted to live in a house, but I got a great deal, and it’s beautiful! It’s either going to go really well or really badly with so many of us, but I’m so excited. I love Rexburg with all my heart, and I am literally counting down the hours until I can go back. I can’t WAIT for school! Rexburg truly is my sanctuary, and there's no where else in the world I would rather be.

Day 3: Twin Falls- We went to CSI and visited my cousin Jared and his boo, Nikelle. It was so nice to see them! Congrats to Jared who just got his call to Missouri! I’m so proud and excited for him! The campus and the apts were beautiful. We accidentally discovered the Snake River Canyon, which I think was more breathtaking than the Grand Canyon, actually. We also made an appearance at the Idaho Potato Museum. It was as cool as it sounds. Actually, we did see the world’s largest Pringle ever made. Jealous, yet? =]

Day 4: SLC- We went and saw the largest copper mine in the WORLD. It was scary driving up the mountain… I discovered that driving on the edge of clifts is not my forte. It was cool to see… it reminded me of Lord of the Rings. I dragged Laura to Gateway, where we went shopping for hours and spent more than my birthday money. We ate at the first KFC in the WORLD, and then ate again, yes, again, at the “Mayan Adventure.” The interior reminded us of the Indiana Jones ride at Disneyland, and people dove into water while you ate. How many places do that? We went to Target and got security called on us because we were trying on clothes while the store was closing. That beautiful day ended with an episode of Modern Family.

Day 5- SLC- CONFERENCE!!! It snowed hardcore that day, and it was the most snow Laura had ever seen in her life. It was so fun to join the flood of Mormons pouring in from all parts of the world. The speakers were good, and I LOVED seeing the prophet in person. I love him. The square was beautiful, and it was a perfect way to end Laura’s trip.

Well, back to reality. I miss Laura, already! It was nice taking a break from work and working out. 9 MORE DAYS UNTIL I GO BACK UP TO SCHOOL!!! Can’t wait! =] i will definitely miss my SLC life, though...







2 comments:

  1. Haha! Glad to hear you had a great week. It was good to see you and you look fabulous! I love that grandma woke you guys by poking you in the butt with her cane. Glad she didn't have a cane when I was your age! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're too cute Jessica! I can't wait to see you again. This semester flew.

    ReplyDelete