Sunday, January 1, 2012

a dios a 2011, hola 2012!

holy cow. i can't believe a whole year has gone by already. fo reals, where does the time go? well... i was going to do a quick summary of my whole year, but my flight back to ID leaves soon, i have to move-in tomorrow, and then i have orientation and then school starts, there's not much time.

i think it's sufficient to say that this year has been bomb. i've met a ton of people and have developed a lot of amazing relationships that i'm grateful for. also reflecting on this year, i've noticed that i haven't done anything huge... i wish i could say that i spent a semester abroad or learned a language or got married or something like a lot of my friends, but i haven't. just normal school and stuff on the weekends. i'm wondering if it will ever be my turn to get to have adventures like everyone around me. my itch to travel and develop skills/talents has to constantly be repressed, and i constantly have to remind myself of my priorities. it's super frustrating, but i'm trying to develop patience. i just have to keep telling myself, "someday... someday."

well, i thought that this could be my formal good-bye to the world. i'll basically be a hermit for over two years, so i hope that everyone can remember who i am and what i look like. nursing is going to be super intense. i'm scared out of my mind, but realllly excited and anxious to start at the same time. i'm grateful to be finally starting. i know that with the spirit's help, i can do anything! i just hope that i can hold my own.

i have a feeling that's basically going to be the extent of my 2012. someday... someday. thanks so much to my friends and family for making my trips home so amazing. i'm grateful for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment