Sunday, September 5, 2010










Hey! Sorry I haven’t written for so long… this break has been all-in-all uneventful, with a few exceptions. I’ve been taking this online bio class so that I can apply for the nursing program. There are four tests, and I got A’s on the first two, and completely bombed the third one. Luckily, we’re allowed one retake, so I plan to retake it within the next week or so. Unfortunately, that leaves me with a whole other test to prepare for while my normal classes are starting, so I’m not sure how I’m going to make it work. I might have to wait until Thanksgiving break, but that’s cutting it close to the Nursing applicant selection. I hate that a single “B” I got in high school is keeping me from my dream. During almost the whole break, I would wake up, do bio, take a short lunch break to see a friend or just relax and then do bio until night. It was really difficult being home, but not being able to do much. Some break. I did manage to finish a couple outside reading books, go camping for a couple days with my family, and I did make it to the beach for a short visit.




I can’t wait till next summer already, so I can take advantage of all that SoCaL has to offer. It blows my mind to know that I won’t be home for a whole year! So, please keep me and this dumb online class in your prayers! The last week of my break, I went to San Francisco to visit my best friend in the whole wide world. It was such a nice, and much-needed, break from studying all day everyday. San Fran is such a beautiful city with so much to do! Going to class with Laura was an experience in itself… there are so many characters roaming this planet! I forgot how crazy the world can be outside of BYUI, haha. Her car broke down, so we spent 80% of our time together riding the Muni bus and around town, mostly to get to one form of food to the next. We took a (free- thanks to her roommate!) tour of the BEAUTIFUL islalnd of Salcelito, and of Muir Woods. It was so beautiful! We went to Little Italy, the church where Marilyn Monroe got married, Chinatown, tons of food places, and Castro Street. That’s where I saw the most beautiful theater I’ve ever seen in my whole life, and to make it more perfect, they play old movies. It just so happened that when we happened to arrive, they were starting a Marilyn Monroe movie. And the people were some of the nicest! It was fun just chilling with my bestie, and I’m so glad that I got to go. I had a day to unpack and repack, and I’m now in Idaho once more. I just finished unpacking in my new apartment, and it’s beautiful! I like it a great deal more than where I was before. And I love my best friends, here. I’m so glad that I get to be with them again, and can’t wait to continue our fun times. Another addition to my life is “Chartouse,” my fish! =] I’m so excited for this semester to start, but I wish this online class wasn’t constantly on my mind =/.


No comments:

Post a Comment